Call for works.Festival and exhibition.
(1) FOR THE ONLINE EXHIBITION - audio visual work by artists using
the internet as a medium.
We are looking for works that explore the use of technology to
advance audio visual communication. Works may take the form of art
toys, generative music, interactive environments, or similar. We are
interested in the use of all internet friendly programming
technologies eg shockwave, flash, vrml, java etc.
(2) FOR THE FESTIVAL PRESENTATIONS
Soundtoys are being asked to present the works offline at
festivals. If you want to take part send in audio visual works
and interactive art pieces. These must be finished projects, send
work in by cdrom.
(3) CALL FOR PAPERS AND TEXTS - texts by artists, writers,
programers, researchers, relating to new media.
The Soundtoys journal area has set out to address the following
1. history of interactivity, towards convergence
2. generative arts...the art of code. software art generative music
3. toys or serious art. aesthetic and philosophy of new media.
4. culture versus commercial applications.
5. audio visual synthesis.
6. software for new artistic environments
7. interactivity,technology , networks
8. net art and new media
New festivals and presentation of audio visual interactive
works....net art, web design, multimedia, essays. If you work
in this area we would like to hear from you.
As well as providing a permanent online home for the content at
soundtoys.net. Soundtoys will be taking part and linking with other
Zip up your work and send some info about it. Don't forget to include
relevant details.ie your name, project title, year created, brief
bio, info about the work, and also send the work. If you files are
too big but you would like it presented at festival send in
a cd rom version.